Saturday, September 6, 2014

Coming to Southern New Hampshire University


   Ever since the day I was accepted into Southern New Hampshire University people would always ask why did you, chose SNHU? What makes its better then other schools looked at? When you first step onto the campus, you automatically feel welcomed by the students and faculty. I am not usually one to just jump in and get involved into activities or meeting new people, but when I visited SNHU for the first time I wanted to get involved with as many clubs as possible. In addition, while visiting SNHU I was able to talk with a professor who was able to tell me what it is like in a typical class. I had so many questions about what some of the classes are like here at SNHU. I obviously didn’t want to hold the professor up from going to class. I loved how there was a tutoring available not just for English or math. They had many options for other courses if they required tutoring services. The best thing about SNHU is that no matter what you always have somebody to help you whether it be school related or personal. The professors are willing to go out of their way to help a student whether it is before or after class. It is the simple things like that, that helped me chose SNHU.

I have taken most classes required for an education minor. I have taken introduction to education, Children with disabilities, and child development. EDU 235 is a requirement for my minor in education. When I first saw that “Learning with Technology” was a requirement I was somewhat shocked that we needed this class. It then came to mind that teachers need to have a generalized idea of the technology that we will be using inside the classroom and outside of the classroom. It also makes you realize that every year technology is taking over the classroom so you will have to always be updated on the new technology. I am excited to take this course because it will teach me new things that I can use in the future.   



2 comments:

  1. I love the professors here at SNHU, and even in the Salem campus, they're way more efficient and bring a real-life factor into the class that I feel a lot of other college campuses disregard. It's great that you've taken most of the EDUcourses, though! I just started taking mine, since all of my General Ed classes are over, so I'll definitely have to come to you for some help in the future (kidding, kind of).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree that other colleges it doesn't seem like a priority for the professor's to get to know the students. I also like the fact that at SNHU even though its growing more and more every year that you can still easily get involved with the professors. It is good that you have taken all of the General Ed classes and can no focus mostly on your major. I'm currently exploratory but I know for a fact that I am minoring in Education. So having my minor finished by next semester should be nice knowing that I will be able to just focus on figuring out my major. I mean I am pretty sure that I am going to major in Psychology, but for now its nice to have one thing almost completed.

    ReplyDelete